Thursday, April 06, 2006

AAARRR



by Christopher Silas Neal.


About half an hour ago I was so stressed. I got up at 6 this morning to register for classes and it took of ever to get into the site to register (almost 3 hours...) because so many people were registering. The thought of having all my studio classes set back another year was too much for me to handle...

The more I plan for the classes that I need to take the more I wonder what the hell I'm doing...


Anyway, I got into all the classes I wanted, well most of them, and it proved to me once again that I get so unnecessarily anxious sometimes - I am a wiener!

WIENERS!

(By the way, puptastic has some funny pictures of dogs, if you scroll down a bit. Like puppies dressed up as brides.)

I have a 12 page paper to write today (why else would I be posting something if it wasn't just to distract myself...) but it isn't that bad because I got to choose what I wanted to write about, and decided to write on craft, Helene Cixous, and Julia Kristeva, which are all things that I wanted to learn more about... I've found feminist criticism really interesting lately.

Like this (NERD!) from Helene Cixous...

Writing is the passageway, the entrance, the exit, the dwelling place of the other in me - the other that I am and am not, that I don't know how to be, but that I feel passing, that makes me live - that tears me apart, distrubs me, changes me, who? - a feminine one, a masculine one, some? - several, some unknown, which is indeed what gives me the desire to know and from which all life soars.

I know it's kinda cheesy, but I like it. All of her writing is fragmented and nice to read. It's a nice change from the boring academic readings that I've been doing lately.

I've drank so much coffee I'm going to pee my pants. BYEBYEBYEBEYBY!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

For some reason your post reminded me of how you used to give me your Dal library password so I could get more online journals for my research.
Thanks again.
Your great.

katherine said...

awwwwww. thanks darcy. i always loved running into you at the library. a special treat - although you would always be stuck back in the microfilm room with all the equipment that didn't work. I would have never found you if it wasn't for Mark working there and telling me that you were hiding.
I think you're great too, Darcy, and I'm really excited to hang out with you in the summer in French land.

Saraiu01 said...

Kathy,

I studied both those theorists this semester and really liked them! Which theories did you read? Which are your favorites?

Big Nikki said...

micro fish *shudder* how i hated those days!!!!
ha ha

katherine said...

Sarah! You did?

Well, I'm just reading a lot of stuff on my own. Just two readers which just give pieces of their writings - which is actually really good.

Any advice? What are your favorites?

I will be able to talk more about it once I finish my paper and finish this stuff out...but tell tell tell.

chimera said...

i like that bear. and that weiner made me happy. i'm writing a pape, too. g.w.f.hegel. booboo. the french fems are on my list of things to read, too. lucky you. i can't wait for summer.

-were you signing up for summer classes, or next years ones?

we want to talk soon, but as neither of us are too successful, for now these messages will have to do. going to get my loan any day now, hopefully. then will book a flight. and hope to factor in a day or two of montreal with katherine time.

heart,

Jillian

ps- i like how you always apologize for being a nerd, while because of my inarticulacy I find myself apologizing for not being enough of one.

katherine said...

hi jillian!

are you going to be home this weekend? saturday? saturday afternoon? we could make a date and i could call, for realz.

come to montreal for as long as you like! me and mike were htinking of driving to nova scotia and then maybe going through the states a bit. or the states and then nova scotia. cause his dad might be giving him a car for graduation.

i was registering for fall/winter classes. wanna know what i'm taking? fiber structions, textile dyeing (i'm a hippie, didn't i tell you?), photography, digital print media, feminist art history (again...), and arch. and urban. in montreal and other ones i can't remember. i'm excited. i might also take a drawing class this summer. whoopppeee.

are you taking classes in germany? i'm very very jealous.

so, date? you lil nerd?

love you!

Katherine.

Anonymous said...

i really like that first weiner.

-emily

Anonymous said...

spelling correction:

wiener.

love emily

Die Brucke said...

Remember that time you shit your pants?

Krista Comeau said...

mark! shhhh! you weren't suppose to bring that up!

kathy i'm glad you got into most of the classes you wanted! when are you coming back to the east coast eh? i miss u baby girl!

xoxo kris

katherine said...

mark? wooow. do YOU remember that time i shit my pants? thanks!

kris! i'm not coming home till the end of august...booo....my parents won't be home during my breaks until then.

I REALLY MISS YOU!

hopefully you can come visit again?

chimera said...

katherine,

sweet classes. i'm jealous in return in my own way- to be working with hands and looking at pictures-i often miss that. i am taking classes in germany- german class. maybe it is getting late for making phone-date plans, but, i am home. in bed with hegel. hungover. if you get this message and have time, give me call. i feel like i ate the rocky mountains. no punch line. call. i miss.

hearts,

Jillian

Die Brucke said...

It was me that shit my pants!

katherine said...

come on, of course! it's always YOU who shits their pants.

for some reason today Mike bought a Jim Roam (?) cd from a yard sale. thought you might like to know...well not really.

katherine said...

ok. jim rome. it's really not important...just thought it might be kinda funny.