Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sigmar Polke & my new roomie.

Measuring Clothes (1994)

I Don't Really Think About Anything Too Much (2002)

Table Turning (1981)

and
Raised Chair with Geese (1988)

Papppppppier. I know there are a couple of people that I said I would call, and keep saying that I will call. But I've been spending my time writing (or preparing to write) a paper on Sigmar Polke's Raised Chair with Geese, which I choose randomly from my art history text. After reading how crazy he is I've really grown to like him.

I've also been spending time with my new roommate Graeme (on the left):


In real life he doesn't look that scary. Please don't ever tell him I posted a picture of him on the internet. Or Mike either.

He moved in on Sunday, the night I found out my Grampy was really sick. It was kind of awkward because I was so upset, but he was nice to me and distracted me with a movie. We've spent a lot of time watching tv and movies, and drinking and making food. He makes me laugh. He also has a great film collection and is going to teach me to like horror movies. Maybe I'll finally be able to fall asleep with the light off after I watch one.

My grampy is doing better. He is still in the hospital but is pretty alert and was sitting up yesterday. I found out yesterday that my brother Mike was home to visit him. My parents told me that if he gets worse again they will fly me home to see him. I hope that doesn't have to happen.

Alright. I've wasted enough time distracting myself with pictures. This paper is due at 6 and I'm not even close to being done.

Hopefully this weekend I'll finally be able to talk to everyone that I've been meaning to talk to. Sarah? Kate? Jillian? When would be good times to call this weekend?

Sarah - I really want to talk to you about getting into to school! That's really awesome. I hope you got my message yesterday.

Aiight, WORD!

3 comments:

Saraiu01 said...

kathy! I did get your message, thank you so much! I hope things are getting better. Let's try and talk, seriously.

.francesca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to hear your grampa is unwell.

I will be free from approximately 6-8 on Thursday night, similarly on Friday evening. Tonight I am helping my dad choose a rug and then we are ordering "chicken chalet". Tomorrow I watching American Idol with Colin (I can't even try to explain the awful things that come out of our mouths when we watch that show eg."My grampy raped me....sexually"), and then going to see Dreamcatcher at los Drakos Repulsibilos. Wednesday I am tearin it up with Ma.
So Thurs? Please!?