Tuesday, October 25, 2005

'i want to hear a poem where ideas kiss similes so deeply that metaphors get jealous...'

How can I be so excited for school one day and the next not want to go at all? Yesterday I wrote my fiber art history midterm and actually enjoyed it. I liked writing about how paisley started in Kashmir, and how the Ottoman empire lost the carpet trade to Persia. I liked writing about changes in art to artifact, and art to commodity. I liked it and it made me happy to be a NERD.

But today I don't even want to go to class. Today all I can think about is why am I still in school working towards this? I've idealized it for so long and worked so hard for it. I'm starting to doubt if I will even enjoy it or if I will even be able to get into the program.

I can't decide if it is too flaky or not. I can't decide if it is actually beneficial, or if I just want to study it because it simply includes two areas that I really enjoy and can't decide between.


School is going to take so long...

I'm not going to go to class tonight even if it means getting a lower mark. I just don't really care today. Tomorrow I'll stop skipping class...

1 comment:

.francesca said...

this is precicely why it took me 7 years to finish a fine art degree in photography - not even ACADEMIC. i really hope you finish because i know you love it and you're really good at it but most of all...you're smarter than i am.

xo