Sunday, March 05, 2006

Cowabunga!


After a long week at school (with 2 papers, a midterm, and an outline for a 12 page paper due), Friday night Mike, Graeme, Stuart, and I went to the Art Matters opening show, a festival that is put on by the Concordia Fine Arts students... The party was in a really nice venue - a pool somewhere east of here, with weather balloons blown up to look like planets. Everyone was in the pool dancing...TO THE CRAPIEST MUSIC. At one point they played an acoustic version of Wonderwall. Graeme and Mike said it was kinda like frosh week. Guess I wouldn't know.

Anyway. My friend Shaun did the posters and t-shirts for the festival. You should go to the site and see his drawings. They're GREAT.

Last night a bunch of my friends came over and Graeme made the best soup I've ever tasted, and we all got really drunk. Well, maybe most people just got drunk, but I got really drunk. And by 12 I wanted to go to bed.

Maybe I'll post the recipe cause it was so good and you should make it.

Imma NERD.

Here is a beautiful picture of my Nanny when she was young. I drank sherry last night. It is what my family always drinks and I've gotten used it. Sometimes I even crave it. When we came home from the hospital when my Grampy was sick, Nanny had two bottles of sherry waiting for us in the fridge.



COWABUNGA!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

old pictures are so nice. i wish i had a scanner so i could post them like you and krissy do. someday soon i want to go to my nanny;s and look at some old picies. my nanny also has a rare jewell: videos my grandfather taped of himself singing and playing guitar.
~N

katherine said...

Oh wow! A video? That's great. Do you need a projector for it? That would be so nice to see.

When I was home to see my Grampy, me and Kris went through all of my parents albums and chose a few to bring home and scan on the computer at school. It took a long time to scan all of them cause the scanner is so slow at school but it so nice to have them.

I swear a letter is coming soon. I SWEEAAAR.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha the letter...
if i get a letter it will be a bright and happy surprise :)
maybe i will surprise you and send you one!

the videos are on vhs...they arent that old (80s/90s) and i have seen them before...but she does have some old recordings of a band he was in that i have been dieing to hear!!

katherine said...

oh wow. that would be great. i liked krista's tapes of her dad singing to her when she was young. you can hear krista and marc telling him to play more or something in the background.

i feel like i've told you this before...

andrew - i like oasis. but if they are going to play an oasis song, they might as well have played the real thing. COME ON!